Blogging is one of the greatest way to make money online. Here how to start a blog and a complete blogging guide for beginners.
How to Start a Blog (Blogging Guide for Beginners)
You came here and read this article because you are interested and decided to build your career with blogging. This article will help you how to start a blog from scratch and it’s a complete guide for beginners.
Want to start a blog and want to be a full time blogger?
Want to make a passive income stream?
Yes, it is possible to make money blogging. And even you can make a passive income way by creating a blog. People start blogging for many reasons. Some of the reasons are stated below:
- Sharing the new learning
- Spread your thoughts
- Passive income and make money online
- Free gadgets, ebooks and other stuffs for review
- Get free time to travel and quality time spend with friends and family
Read: How to Write a Blog Post
So, without wasting your valuable time, let’s start to learn how to start a blog today.
First thing first.
All you need to do first, you have to purchase a domain name with hosting. This is the first step to create a blog for your own.
The next steps to make a full functional blog are stated below:
- Picking a blog topic (niche)
- Select a blogging platform (Prefer WordPress)
- Purchase a Domain Name and Hosting
- Install WordPress on the blog
- Setup the design of the blog
- Install the best and essential WordPress plugins
- Write your first blog post
- Share your writeup with the world
- Monetize your blog
- Drive traffic to your blog and increase your audience
Select your Blogging Platform
WordPress is the best platform to start your blog. World’s 37% (or more) blogs and sites are driven by WordPress. This platform is easy to install, use and handle. So, undoubtedly you can use the WordPress to start your blog.
Choice a Niche
Niche means a particular topic. In this step you have to choice a niche on which you are interested and good with. This is very import part of your blog to choice a niche. If you choice a niche that you are not interested in, chances you will quit in near future if you build your blog on it. Niche should be something you are mostly like and do work on it.
- Find a topic or niche you know better than others. It doesn’t have to be the job you are doing. It could be anything you are good at. It should be like that you can talk several hours about this topic.
- Very good idea to pick the topic or niche that usually you read about. The topic you read about all the time is something that interests you.
- Make sure you have a keen interest in a particular topic and you can add value with your own insights.
This is a critical step before you start blogging. So, first list up your own interest areas and then select a topic one from those. If you are piking a topic that you like to talk about, there is no chances to quit from your blog any more.
Choice a Domain Name for your Blog
There are 4 steps and rules that usually follows when piking a domain name:
- Easy to remember
- Easy to type
- Easy to pronounce
- Easy to brandable
A domain name is the URL of a blog or site which a visitor will use to open and blog
For example: www.rowshni.com
You can get a domain name worth $10~$12 from any provider in the world. There are few rules to pick the best name for your blog such as:
- Prefer .com domain name above anything else
- Your domain name should be easy to use and easy to pronounce
- Make sure your domain name should not be confusing to the listener
- You can have a domain name under your own name that will create your own brand and would be a best portfolio for you
- Don’t use too long domain name
- Don’t use domain extension like .info, .net, .xyz etc. because they tend to rank bad in search engines.
Picking the hosting to host and start the blog
Now it is time to host your blog and start building.
Web hosting is a space on a server that you have to purchase. All your blog files and WordPress files will be hosted on your hosting. This is a server that stays online 24*7 and all your files and images, your blog designs and all files will be stored on the server (Hosting).
That is how your site will be up and running for 24*7 from anywhere of the world.
Before you purchase a perfect hosting for your blog, consider below points:
- Free SSL
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Unlimited Storage
- Free Domain Name (with .com extension)
- Easy to use cPanel
- Live chat support
- 30 Days money back guarantee
Install WordPress in your Hosting
You have purchased Domain and Hosting, integrated them together. Now it is time to install WordPress in your hosting. It is very easy step as follow:
- Login to your Hosting cPanel
- Go to Softaculas and just click the WordPress to install it
- Input some basic information, admin ID and Password and install by one click
Your WordPress blog and Admin panel are ready to use.
Learn how to set up a WordPress blog for the first time
Install WordPress Theme
By login to your WordPress Admin panel, select a Theme for your blog. You can select a free theme for your blog for the first time. Later you can purchase a premium theme for a professional look.
Install WordPress Plugin
There are thousands of WordPress plugin in the marketplace available to install, but out of those you have to install some essential plugin that are really needed. Here are some plugins that you should have in your blog:
- Yoast SEO
- Contact Form 7
- Google analytics
Now finally your WordPress blog is ready.
Create your content
Now it is time to write you blog post. You already picked a topic or niche. Based on that, write your first post. Few things to be followed to writeup your blog post:
- Your content should be covered all the aspects of the topic you are writing about
- Write the content with more than 1000+ words
- Do not copy image from Google, create your own image or use your own captured images
- You can also embed YouTube inside your article post
Add Important Pages on Your Blog
Add some important pages on your blog like:
- Contact Form
- Location Map
- About Us
- Terms and Conditions
- Disclaimer Page
- Disclosure Page
Driving Traffic to your Blog
You have created your blog and created some contents. Now it is time to get some traffic to your blog. There are some steps to get traffic to your blog, those are as follows:
- Cutting Edge SEO
- Social Media Marketing
- Guest Posting
- Blog Commenting
- Forum Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Push Notification Marketing
- Content Syndication
- eBooks writing and publishing
- …. and more
Monetization Your Blog to Make Money
There are many ways to monetize your blog to earn money. Here’s how:
- Google Adsense
- Affiliate Marketing
- Sponsored Content
- Amazon Affiliate Program
- Direct Ad Sales
- Own Digital Products i.e. eBooks, Online Courses
What else you need to take your blog to the next level
It is very important to take your blog to the next level and that is consistency. You have to write your blog post regularly and periodically. Create good and informative content that your readers like to read. Keep your blog update every time.